Seared Ahi Tuna with Spicy Crunchy Garlic Chili Sauce
- 1 lb sushi grade ahi tuna
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon Mishima Extra Hot Crunchy Garlic Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, chili sauce, soy sauce, and lemon juice.
- Place the ahi tuna in a ziplock bag and add the marinade mixture.
- Be sure to cover all areas with the marinade and store it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the white and black sesame seeds onto a plate, and coat the marinated tuna evenly.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with a neutral oil of your choice and sear the tuna on all sides for about 20-30 seconds each.
- Transfer onto a cutting board and set aside to rest. Thinly slice and top with green onions and more chili sauce if desired.
- Serve with butter lettuce or side of rice.