New York Strip Steak with Sweet Soy BBQ Sauce
- 6 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoon Gyu-Kaku Sweet Soy Sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 New York strip steak
- Avocado oil, for grilling/cooking
- In a small pot, add the tomato sauce, Sweet Soy Sauce, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, ketchup, water, and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer over low heat while stirring occasionally and set it aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Season generously with salt and pepper on all sides of the steaks. Spray or coat the heated pan with avocado oil. Cook for about 5 minutes on one side, flip once, and cook the other side for an additional 3-5 minutes. Allow the steak to rest before slicing through.
- Pour spoonfuls of the BBQ sauce onto the sliced steak and serve with our favorite sides such as potatoes and steamed vegetables.