Sesame Ginger Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb beef flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 head of broccoli, steamed
- 2 tablespoon Mishima Ginger Sesame Oil
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoon water
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the flank steak, soy sauce, cornstarch, and baking soda. Mix well with your hands until all of the steak is evenly coated and the cornstarch is dissolved. Cover with saran wrap and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the ginger sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and water. Whisk well and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil once hot. Sear both sides of the steak and add the broccoli. Pour over the sauce and stir well. Cook for a few more minutes and the sauce should start to thicken and reduce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired and serve as a side dish or with rice as a bowl.