Miso Madness 5 Great Ways to Use Miso
When most of us think of miso the first thing that comes to mind is soup, but there are so many other ways to use this nutritious and flavorful ingredient. Because miso is made from fermented soy beans, its excellent for gut health and it also packs a ton of umami and salty flavor. While miso indeed makes a great broth, there are plenty of other uses for this super ingredient. Here are 5 tasty ways for you to incorporate Mishima’s Miso into your cooking:
1. As a vegetable glaze: Spice up ordinary vegetables with a tasty miso glaze. Simply combine 2 parts miso and soy sauce with 1 part rice vinegar and sugar for a delicious addition to your next meal.
2. Whisk into a salad dressing: Stir some miso into your favorite salad dressing for an exciting pop of flavor. Works well with tangy and creamy dressings.
3. As a marinade: Mix miso powder with water or vinegar to make a savory marinade. A great way to add a deep umami taste to your favorite meat, fish or tofu dishes.
4. In a stir-fry: Miso is a great way to add a ton of flavor quickly. Since its powerful umami notes don’t take long to develop, it’s a perfect addition to a quick stir-fry.
5. To make miso butter: Mix 4 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons of miso to make miso butter. This tangy spread can be used on meat or vegetables for an intriguing new taste.
Get your own Instant Miso here! Available in 5 different flavors. Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more ideas on how to use your miso!