- 1 pound shrimp
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Mishima Crunchy Garlic Chili Sauce, for dipping
- Prepare the shrimp by removing the shell while keeping the last segment of the shell and tail on and devein the back. Set all shrimp aside on a plate.
- To prepare the dredging station, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper on a plate. Next, scramble the eggs in a bowl. Lastly, mix together the panko and coconut on a separate plate.
- Dredge the shrimp one at a time in the flour, egg, then panko and coconut mixture. Shake off any excess and set it aside on a platter. Continue this process until all shrimp are coated.
- In a large pot, add the oil and heat to 350ºF (180ºC). Once ready, add 3-4 shrimps at a time and deep fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, making sure to not burn them. Transfer them onto a wire rack or paper-towel lined tray to remove any excess oil.
- Remove any burnt panko crumbs in between batches with a spider skimmer to keep the oil clean. Repeat step 4 until all shrimp are cooked.
- Serve immediately and serve with chili sauce.