Japanese-Style Chicken and Vegetable Furikake Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Salt, for pasta water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken thigh
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cooking sake
- 1 pack shimeji mushroom
- Handful of asparagus
- 2 tablespoon Mishima Yukari Furikake
- Shredded nori, for garnish (optional)
- Prep the ingredients: Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces, remove the end of the shimeji mushroom, remove the ends of the asparagus and cut into diagonal pieces, and mince the garlic.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil to cook the pasta. Once boiled, season with salt and add the spaghetti to cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Add the soy sauce and sake and stir well.
- Mix in the shimeji mushrooms and asparagus and cook until tender. Add the cooked spaghetti directly from the pot and mix well with tongs to combine. Add more pasta water if needed.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the furikake with tongs until evenly coated. If needed, adjust the taste accordingly by adding more soy sauce, salt, pepper, and/or furikake.
- Serve on a plate and garnish with shredded nori.