Zaru Soba with White Miso Mentsuyu
- 1 bundle dried soba noodles
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Mishima White Miso Soup
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dashi powder
- ½ teaspoon cane sugar
- Shredded seaweed, for serving (optional)
- Chopped green onions, for serving (optional)
- Grated daikon, for serving (optional)
- Separate the miso soup toppings from the powder by sifting it through a sieve.
- To make the mentsuyu, add water, miso soup powder, soy sauce, dashi powder, and sugar to a small pot. Bring it to a small boil over medium-low heat and whisk well. Once boiled, remove from the heat and pour the mixture through a strainer into a small bowl. Allow the mixture to come to room temperature, then place it in the refrigerator.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse well with cold water.
- Transfer the soba noodles onto a serving plate, pour the chilled mentsuyu into a small dipping bowl, and put the toppings onto a plate.
- Add the toppings to the mentsuyu, dip the noodles, and enjoy.