White Miso Teriyaki Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon Mishima White Miso Soup
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking sake
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Separate the miso soup toppings from the powder by sifting it through a sieve.
- In a small pot, whisk together the miso soup powder, soy sauce, sugar, sake, and water over low heat. Set it aside to cool.
- Place the chicken thighs in a medium bowl and evenly coat both sides with the cornstarch.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and cook the chicken thighs for 4-5 minutes then flip. Continue to cook until the meat is no longer pink. Change the heat setting to low and pour the sauce over the chicken. The sauce will start to thicken as you mix and coat both sides of the chicken.
- Remove the pan from the heat, transfer the chicken onto a cutting board, and cut into slices.
- Serve with your choice of sides.