Furikake Salmon Avocado Roll
- 1 ½ cup sushi rice, cooked and seasoned
- 1 nori sheet
- 1 ½ tablespoon Mishima Nori Komi Furikake
- 4 shiso leaves
- 2 oz sashimi-grade salmon, cut into ¼ - ½ inch thick long strips
- 3 avocado slices
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Bamboo mat
- Soy sauce, for serving
- Wasabi, for serving
- Pickled sushi ginger, for serving
- Place the nori sheet shiny side down on top of the bamboo mat. Wet your fingers with rice vinegar and spread the cooled sushi rice evenly onto the nori.
- Sprinkle the furikake evenly over the rice so that all areas are covered.
- Layer the shiso leaves in the center and top with the sliced salmon. Place the avocado slices across the top of the salmon.
- Start at the end of the bamboo mat and roll it forward into a tight cylinder all while keeping the fillings in place. Carefully continue to roll it forward and gently press to help form the circular mold.
- Pour some of the rice vinegar onto a sharp knife and slice through the center of the roll. Put more rice vinegar on the knife and slice each half into halves once more. Continue these steps until you end up with 8 cut pieces.
- Arrange the pieces onto a place and serve with soy sauce, ginger, and wasabi if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.